Tuesday, December 10, 2013

From the Mail . . . More about my Durban Mission

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and thoughts.  I do miss you.

Africans are always cold which is why you see them wearing sweaters or cardigans in pictures.  Anything below 80° is freezing to them.  We had a Zone soccer game on Pday and while the white guys got burnt, one of the Africans had a beanie on.  My companion wears a cardigan when I am just fine in a short sleeve shirt.

As for Church members, the majority are Zulu.  The white South Africans live in Westville/Reservoir Hills, and due to security it is much harder to contact them.  But we do have a few white families in our ward, with a total of about 80 people in the ward that attend regularly.

Here is the link to Elder Daniel Thomas's blog: http://elderdanielthomas.blogspot.com/  He is already serving in the Kenya Nairobi mission.  It gives you a good idea of how things are there.

The Kenya Mission has their own website and was recently in the news for the water project they created to serve four schools: http://www.mormonnewsroom.co.ke/article/four-schools--one-water-project

Here is the Kenya mission website for checking anytime: http://www.mormonnewsroom.co.ke/

Okay, they have these candy bars here called Bar One made by Nestle, and they are my weakness.  Also Sweet Chili Pepper Doritos.  The best chips I've ever had.  If you come across either - try it.

My email is through the roof.  It is amazing to see everyone's support for me, and it is well appreciated and encouraging for sure!  Sorry that I have not been able to respond to each one.  I am trying to get through them.  Without being able to print, it's difficult to read and respond because time is very limited.  Super grateful that you are writing though!

We don't have any Sisters in the Durban mission.  All Elders.  There are Sisters in the Jo'Burg and Cape Town missions, though.

Miss you all very much,

Love
-Elder Eveson




No comments:

Post a Comment