Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 97 - Introducing the New Assistant to the President

Hey we had a grrreat week and we are headed over to President's house soon for dinner then take Elders to the airport...busy few days here.

Some of the highlights from the week are the baptism we had on Sunday for Pauline.

Elder Ngabonziza got his working permit so he went to Busia and we were back to just the 2 of us.

We found out a less active member lives in the compound next to us so we have already been there a few times then she came to the Member Meeting with President Clayton, Elder Hamilton, and Elder Hall then to church on Sunday and stayed for the baptism!

The General Authorities came Friday for a missionary meeting then a member meeting and after that our bags got locked in the chapel so we had to go back Saturday morning to get them and that was when alllll the stake presidency, district presidencies, branch presidencies, and group leaders from the whole mission (Kenya and Tanzania) were arriving for training with the general authorities. The only picture I got was with President Itongwa of the Mwanza branch..almost 2 years since I saw him! That is who the attached picture is with. It was super cool to see everyone! And when I saw the Dar es Salaam leaders it was like a family reunion haha super good to see all the leaders from everywhere I have served.

And Saturday Evening President Hicken called and gave me my transfer news, I have been called by the Lord to finish my mission as an assistant and counselor to him. Which also means my proselyting area is now Riruta and we are the only companionship in the mission with a car. My companion is Elder Mukonda from Lusaka, Zambia and he finishes in 3 months. Elder Warwood flies out tonight back to Battle Mountain so the new office Elders are Elder Moline (leaves with me) and Elder Lopeyok (my former companion in Dar) so I am really looking forward to finishing strong around great missionaries. Lots of duties and responsibilities now but it is all possible through relying on the Lord. I am really looking forward to working closely with President as he is a great teacher and full of inspiration.

Yesterday everyone going home came in to Nairobi and we had a super late night then organized logistics for everyone moving around and now we are headed over to Presidents for dinner then taking everyone to the airport who is flying out tonight...including my trainer! Haha how cool is that..

**And an announcement is that my Pday is now on Saturday because of things we have to do on Monday.

Much love from the KNM
Elder Eveson

President Itongwa of the Mwanza Branch and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment