Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 75: The Plan of Salvation Makes ALL the Difference

Things are going great here. Great with the zone and fantastic with my companion.

This week we did some stuff for the zone which took a bit of time then we are planning Zone Training Meeting for this week, which should be good.

Last week my companion and I saw a nasty fatal wreck and as we were talking about it- it made me realize just how short life is. That was someone who could have 'just run to the store for a minute' or who told their kids 'I'll see you in the evening' or was just crossing the road to hop on a bus and head to work. Be grateful for every minute and every chance we have to do everything. The Plan of Salvation really is a blessing. Click here to learn more.

In other news, it has rained and rained and rained here. I don't think we will see the sun until late April when this rain season ends. A big, all of a sudden change in weather here. And one thing- the draining system is poor in lower income areas and the water just pools together in a standstill and soaks everything. Oh and even though it rains a lot, we still have to use the fans in the flat and ac at night because Dar is somehow magical in that way.

Questions:

Do they follow March Madness?
What is that? The only thing people follow here is Europe soccer.

Are you eating a lot of fish? No!

Are Nike shoes big over there?
Yeah but I have not seen a real pair for sale. I have seen plentyyy of Jordans, Lebrons, etc. but allll are fake. The only real ones I have found are secondhand.

Go UTES!! Sweet 16? MMadness time!

Elder Eveson

Much love from the KNM

District Development Meeting - Last one for Elder & Sister Mickelson, and first one for Elder & Sister Wilson
Dar Essentials - The Finest BBQ Sauce (you know me), Guava Juice, Fanta Passion in a glass bottle, and Mayochup aka Fry Sauce
How are my clothes supposed to dry? It's rain season now and this was today's crazy storm. We get a few a day if we are lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment