Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 67: Whose Dream are You Fulfilling?

Weeks are flying left and right. One of the hardest weeks but then turned out to be one of the greatest weeks.

With the things that have happened here in Dar es Salaam, the last 2 transfers have been tiring, but I have grown so much from them and learned a lot from being in leadership. I love this area and the people whom we are preparing for baptism. One of them, Samuel, came with us to the Sunday Session of district conference and loved every minute of it. Then this morning he was wondering when he could meet with us so we can teach him more about the temple because he heard a lot about it but we haven't gotten that far teaching him. Samuel has really been prepared by the Lord.

Also with trying to translate everything into English then translate everything I respond back in Swahili it has made me a bit tired (not sure how to explain it better) but I am trying to do the best I can with helping out in lessons and learning Swahili.

Friday I enjoyed MLC a lot and learned quite a bit with President and Sister Hicken. Good to be with great Elders and Sisters to discuss different things. Counseling with another really is the way to solve things and make the best decisions.

Then Saturday and Sunday sessions of District Conference were amazing. I learned so much from the things President Hicken spoke about. It was exactly what I needed to hear at the right time. He is so powerful.

Walking from the Chapel to catch a daladala on Sunday, I was talking with Elder Muthoni and he said how those sessions were specifically for him and I said how they were specifically for me and it was pretty funny. All in all it is amazing how the spirit works and tells you what you need to know and what you need to work on.

Saw a fat white guy cruising around on a nice looking and sounding Harley Davidson this week which was soooo out of place. So out of place.

From one of my previous areas in Kyambeke, Kenya (the Hills) I found out today that all 3 people Elder Beacom and I taught mission prep class to have now recieved their mission calls! Linda is coming to the KNM here, she is coming in during these transfers next week. Bosco is going to the West Indies (Caribbean) and going to the Provo MTC March 24. Kennedy is going to Zambia at the beginning of February. Cool stuff!

Something I learned this week from our Elders Quorum president when talking about jobs and business- If you don't have a dream, you will be hired to help fulfill someone else's dream.

How is being back in a city? So so weird but I love it so much. I can adjust easily to either a village or a city, but in the city there are so many more worldly things to lose focus on.

Do you eat out much? Haha y'all should see this place by our flat. Open from like 7:30pm-2am (no I've never been there that late) they have the best food I've had here. And fresh sugar cane juice to die for.

What is your source of protein? Meat and protein and food.

Transfer news? Next Monday night! So we'll seee but I really hope I stay.

Mzee Eveson

Much love from the KNM

Samuel and Me -- he loves learning about the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Sister Phiri and I outside our flat -- she is from Malawi
Goodbye Activity for Sister Phiri -- she heads home this week
Sister Phiri, Branch President & Me
Elder Pehrson carrying a big pink bag at the Airport

No comments:

Post a Comment