Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 58: Time to Organize & Enjoy the Africa Southeast Conference

This will be brief- on our pday there a few more fun things to do here in Dar compared to my last area where all we had time to do is email. So emailing time is a bit shorter depending on what we do that day.

Elder Ita and I are doing great. Wednesday we had a nice district meeting training a bit. The only thing about this week was my companion was pretty weak and we werent able to go out and teach- just taught English class twice this week then taught one of our great investigators. Not sure what the cause of him not feeling well was but he was just a little weaker than normal. We were able to clean our flat and reorganize it a lotttt this week which it really needed. Cleanliness is next to Godliness!

Then we had district conference this weekend and watched the broadcast like everyone at home but it was for the Africa Southeast area. It was really nice. I really enjoyed every minute. Elder Gay spoke, then a Sister in the RS presidency, then Elder Bednar, and then President Uchtdorf closed it out. It was sweeeeet and it was direct revelation just for this area. There is a big difference between the tribal culture and the gospel culture.

This week my companion and I have a Mission Leadership Conference so the Zone Leader from Arusha is coming and also Elder Anderson from Mwanza so it is about to be a sweeeeeeettttt. The meeting will be Wednesday with President and Sister Hicken and the APs. Then the Sisters (super sweet to serve around Sisters for the first time in my mission) are having baptisms on Saturday so we might end up going to their area for those.

As for me though--- I am loooooving it here. Reminds me so much of Hawaii. It is usually around 95 degrees (every.single.day.) but with the humidity it adds about 15 degrees to what it feels. I have not felt cold since I left Kenya (even at 6am)- except when we crank up the air conditioning in our bedroom when we sleep. I am about to be taaan quick though. And my companion is suuuuuuuuuuuppper sweet. I just love it here. :)

Til next week from paradise

Mzee Eveson

Much love from the KNM

No comments:

Post a Comment