Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week 47: The Power to Connect and the Power to Serve - Electricity & the Priesthood . . . Grateful for both!

Well I hope the beach/boating/whatever ya'll did for Labor Day Weekend was fun and looks like everyone will be getting back into the school routine soon.

Yesterday there was no power so once we got to Kitale there wasn't much to do. Kenya Power company shuts power off every now and then just because. So me, my companion Elder Kisekka, Elder Moline and his companion Elder Odundo all went to a super nice restaurant and all had a cheeseburger with fries then we got 1KG of top sirloin steak with mashed potatoes and split it between us 4. Wow it was super nice, somewhat like the food from home but not quite.

Anyways today the power has been on and off so just a few things- 

We had a super nice youth activity that me and my companion hosted because it was last minute and none of the leaders planned to when we got there we found out it was all up to us. Went really well. It was sweet because we had it on Saturday and now this week all the youth are headed back to their boarding schools to finish the last term of the year and will be back in November.  

Friday we had a sweet PEC meeting and all of them committed to bring a number of people to church and introduce to us in the month of September so we will see how that goes. The member missionary work is awesome in the branch.

Sunday I was asked to confirm the Priesthood again to a recent convert who is 12 years old. It is really neat that now to pass the sacrament the young men do it because there is enough of them compared to when I got to the area it was just the adults with a Priest who is preparing for mission because there was nobody else.

Today we had a superrr powerful breakfast with the senior couple Elder and Sister Flake and the 1st counselor in the district presidency- President Barasa then District meeting now we are at the cyber for a bit then heading back to our areas.

We have a part member family and the son who is the only nonmember will be baptized this Saturday which has been super cool from him not wanting to meet with us when I came to the area to now him about to step into the waters is really neat. The Lord really does prepare people in His own due time.

Just so everyone knows, with Christmas being 3ish months away- the best things to get in packages (by the way, bubble mailer envelopes are way cheaper to send than packages, about the same price as a pringles can) are ties, Old Spice Fiji deodorant, USB flash drives, and lemonade mix..in that order haha.

By the way- the 3 packages that were sent to me I was notified that the mission office now has them and I will get them at my next interview with President Hicken in a few weeks.

Due to the power issues, I could not reply to emails again this week.  I read them all.  Thank you Very Much for sending them.  I will reply as soon as I can.  

Also next week I might try to send some pictures to ya'll but we'll see.

Have a faaaaaaantastic week
Love Elder Eveson
Much love from the KNM

No comments:

Post a Comment