Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 38: The Power of the Restored Priesthood, A Priesthood Blessing & Everything . Just . Makes . Sense.

Hahaha well we got to Kitale super late, and the power is flickering on and off at the cyber so I'll try to keep it short since time isn't on my side. 

Transfer news is tonight!! I will most likely stay in the area but anything can happen. Crazy I've already been here 6 weeks.

One nice thing is even though we don't have any missionaries coming into the country (all waiting for visas) that this transfer we only have one missionary leaving, next transfer is 2, the following is 1 then the next is 2, then the following is the next big group - 7, which is in Feb/March. So we are still thin on numbers but we still have missionaries.

Monday we were able to listen to this talk by Tad R. Callister at the senior couple's home and wow! It is powerful. It uses the Bible to explain why and the way everything is done today - the same as Jesus did it when he was here on the earth. Everything just. makes. sense. I hope everyone gets a chance to read it. It makes sense why this church is the true church.


Went on exchanges to Misiku/Mishiku - one of those spellings. I was with Elder Mwashi - he is from Nairobi and has been out 3 months. We taught some people and had a tour of the new chapel that is being built in their area - which most people think is going to be a hospital. Had a bit of fun. Hopefully it will be finished by December. 

4th of July was a normal Friday for us! No celebration - nothing. Hope you all had good celebrations. And yes - I do miss boating on the 4th of July. And every week of the summer. 

Anyways - Sunday before church I was told that after the confirmations of those baptized last week I will be blessing and naming a child. The time comes, we had a packed sacrament meeting (86)- the branch president does one, I do the next. I am told the name and I give the blessing. Right after, one of the men in the circle said that it was the wrong name. I was told the name of the 3rd person to be blessed so I did it again like a boss with the right name and it was cool to see how different the blessings were and how the second really was specifically for that child.

The 1st councilor in the mission presidency was there at church and it was superrr nice to talk to him about some things at his request. Anxious for transfer news haha.

After church we had baptisms- District President, Pres Kogo came for them because he was asked if he could baptize the lady- 2nd councilor to the branch president-his wife. My companion baptized 2 and I baptized 2. 

Singing the opening hymn 'The Spirit of God' (click on title to listen) sitting next to President Kogo dressed in all white- wow the spirit was so strong during the baptismal service.

The lady I baptized 2 weeks ago - one of them was her son and also his best friend. The son's wife now wants us to start teaching her - it has been really cool to see the family all coming together. 
I hope that all made sense hahaha.

This week this song by MercyMe has been making me think a bit -- I'll throw the lyrics on here--


I can only imagine 
What it will be like 
When I walk 
By your side 

I can only imagine 
What my eyes will see 
When your face 
Is before me 
I can only imagine 

[Chorus:]
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel 
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still 
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall 
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all 
I can only imagine 

I can only imagine 
When that day comes 
And I find myself 
Standing in the Son 

I can only imagine 
When all I will do 
Is forever 
Forever worship You 
I can only imagine

[Chorus]

I can only imagine [x2]

I can only imagine
When all I will do 
Is forever, forever worship you 

It's a pretty nice song if you listen to it.  Click on the title or click here to hear it on Youtube.

In closing --  I am actually able to get mail a bit more often than 2 times every 6 weeks. Mistake from last week's email. So go ahead and write me!  

I was able to read all my emails, and thanks for them.  Sorry about the lack of replies this week. Not too much time left to reply. And thanks for the pics you guys send me!

Wow that wasn't a short email at all-- but as the saying goes- write your family weekly not weakly.

Have a great week!

Elder Eveson


No comments:

Post a Comment