Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 62: Baptism, Gym & Transfer News before Christmas

Lots happening here in Dar, I hope I can capture a few of the things.

Crazy few days- got transfer news Elder Ita will be going to serve in Arusha. I will be with Elder Muthoni who is from Kenya and was currently serving as the district leader here in Dar. I am bummed to leave Elder Ita but I know Elder Muthoni and I will be able to do lots of great work in Kinondoni, even though I know he does not like Dar at all because of the heat, haha. And I have gained a testimony of the saying "Don't serve with your best friend". Hahahaha

My last area I found out this transfer they put 2 more Elders in it! So the nice flat I moved into in Mautuma now has 4 elders- Elder Tebbs who I left there and his new companion, then Elder Thomas and his new Elder he is training. And Elder Tebbs was also trained by Elder Thomas, so it is one mission family living in the same flat. Anyways- super excited for my old area.

We had the baptism of Emmanuel this week and it was amazing. The spirit was so strong and he was so happy for the day to be here. He was saying how happy he was for the day of his baptism to come so the Atonement and its effects can to come into his life. I will always remember his baptism and being able to share that experience with him was amazing. A true kingdom builder who is now starting to prepare for mission.

This week is busy with transfers and getting ready for Christmas-- looking forward to Christmas day with the branch president then couples and all the missionaries then the branch president again in the evening! And the district Christmas party on Saturday.

Pix below include the gym we love heading to. The owner is the maaaannnn! Yes, he works out a bit. He has 3 children, and they all live in a small room. Supppperrrr nice guy. And we pay what we can when we go. Everyone there is super chill. I gave him the Giants shirt.  Bought it off a guy along the road in Kenya after I found out they won the World Series.

Baptism photos of Emmanuel -- he is so happy.

Washing dishes outside with my $3 Ducks hat from the market. And a photo from playing ball with the Senior Couples . . . these Grandpas got game!!

Sorry for the short responses this week because of time but see some of y'all on Skype on Christmas!!

And please everyone watch the video below and remember what CHRISTmas truly is all about!!
http://www.mormon.org/christmas?cid=HPFR112814529

MERRY CHRISTMAS and Go Ducks!

Mzee Eveson

Elder Ita
Who needs a 24 Hr Fitness??
Pumping Iron -- Scrap Iron, that is.
Route to the Gym, complete with Animals
Alley way to the gym
Our Awesome Personal Trainer - he owns the gym - and his son
Yeah, he works out a bit.
Wow.
Emmanuel's Baptism
The Lord's Blessings are Abundant
Washing dishes outside - pressure is better than in our kitchen
Grandpas got game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment