Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 89: Happy 4th & The Gospel is for EVERYONE!

Happy late 4th! What a great holiday for a great reason. And hearing that USA Women's National Team won the WORLD cup on the same weekend- wow!

On another note, things have been going well this side of the world.

During District Development Meeting, my companion was giving a training on finding people, finding families, and as he was speaking, I opened my scriptures to a reference in Preach My Gospel that I noted but never remembered what the verse said. It was Doctrine & Covenants 61:3.

3. But verily I say unto you, that it is not needful for this whole company of mine elders to be moving swiftly upon the waters, whilst the inhabitants on either side are perishing in unbelief.

I can say that single verse hit me with impact and reminded me that I need to talk with everyone. The way which the verse is worded is perfect. It seems we take 'everyone' too lightly. But every single person we see and pass by. People are perishing because they haven't heard the message of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and don't know where to find the truth. It is amazing what the spirit does to help us in small and simple things.

We did streetboarding for just an hour and met with some solid potential investigators. We are also working with some really great people right now..continuing the finding and teaching.

I heard President Boyd K. Packer passed away- he has really helped all mankind with the example he set and the teachings he gave. It's a great thing we will have all his teachings and talks he has given written down.

Not too much else for this week, so take care, and have a great week!

Love Elder Eveson

Much love from the KNM

No comments:

Post a Comment