Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 24: Quick Update and a Few Pix

Hey!

So I'm not left with much time because of computer problems but a few things-

This week has been great, more of the same. Enjoying and loving this time I have here to do the Lord's work.

Wanted to get a few pictures accross to you guys- figured I would start with some from the MTC - Missionary Training Center this week. This email doesnt let me send many at a time so I will try and send a few.

This may be the weakest of all 104 weekly emails but next week I'll have a nice update because of the things we have lined up for the coming week and the time I will have. Headed to Machakos again (3 1/2 hour ride) tomorrow to stock up on food for the month, then a zone training meeting with the other Elders in our zone on Wednesday. We are all coming together for that which will be nice. I'll throw in a cool story next week as well.

Including photos from my early days in South Africa.  A couple were taken at the Johannesburg Temple.  Also Elder Ellingson (from Raymond, Albert) and I playing the dot game on a Sunday in the MTC . . . never too old for that.

Another one is the two of us with our afternoon teacher, Brother Maarman - suuuper cool and funny guy.He is from Johannesburg and served in Australia.  The same guy that relayed to us from his Mission President that language joke I shared a while ago.

Once more here it is --
What do you call someone who speaks 2 languages? Bi-lingual
What do you call someone who speaks 3 languages? Tri-lingual
What do you call someone who speaks 4 languages? Quad-lingual
What do you call someone who speaks 1 language? American

And the last one is of my MTC companion, Elder Kajanda from Zimbabwe and I.

Happy April fools day- you're welcome for the heads up.

Elder Eveson

















No comments:

Post a Comment