Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 13: Ask and Ye Shall Receive

Hey-

Been a great week, had 89 contacts and we are just trying to talk with everyone we see- through my companions Swahili. He is very good at it and has no problem, but as for me, slowly but steadily learning.

As far as the picture goes- The Kilimanjaro international airport from when we went to Arusha for Christmas. I will try and send a photo a week from now on so you get a glimpse of the things happening on my side.

As for that story I was going to share:

Happened when I was in Durban, and I'll just recount it from my journal. Background info on it- the apartment we lived in had a full bathroom for each companionship. The other companionship had the dominant shower, whenever both showers went, they got the hot water, or if they went first, they got it. Ended up with a few bucket showers during my stay.

"Monday 2/Dec/2013 

Quite a few things to report on. To start off the day- I woke up at 6:19 so I could shower and have hot water before everyone got up to be looking good for zone conference. When I got out of bed I said a short skimpy prayer so I could hurry to the shower half awake. Started the hot faucet in the sink so the air lock would let out then turned on the hot- nothing. 'Another bucket shower?!' I thought to myself. I returned to my bed in a sincere prayer to start the day as I should have the first time. Concluding it- it included praying for a nice hot shower- I turned off the hot water since none was coming out then back on. Hot water at full blast. Great shower to start the day.

Ask and ye shall receive. Quite the faith building experience at half past 6 in the morning to start the day."

This verse in the Book of Mormon I wanted to share: Moroni 7:26

"...And as surely as Christ liveth he spake these words unto our fathers, saying: Whatsoever thing ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is good, in faith believing that ye shall receive, behold, it shall be done unto you."

I now have a testimony of this verse and know if we ask in faith, knowing we will be answered in our prayers- it will be given to us. All we have to do is ask. I know this Church is the true Church here on this earth- the same one Christ established when he was here.

Have a great week

-Elder Eveson


PS: Got this in an email and wanted to forward it on. Thank you to this blog reader who sent this- if any of you use this way, it is free (although maybe a tiny bit less private) and will get to me within about a week, compared to the usual 2 weeks from the States to the mission office, then a week for it to get to me here in Mwanza. And you don't have to find paper and a pen and hand-write one!

Your family and friends can also write to you FREE via dearelder.com.  Here are the steps:

Go to dearelder.com 

Near top right in "Select Mission" box, choose "Kenya Nairobi -- FREE"

Click "Write a Letter"

Enter sender's return address, the missionary's name, then type your letter

Click "Send Letter" when finished
The letters are printed out once a week and physically mailed through the Church's pouch system.  You will receive an actual printed letter, but there is no cost (the site does accept donations).  The sender will also receive an email copy of their letter to you.  




No comments:

Post a Comment